Easily Reset WordPress Database
WordPress Database Reset is a WordPress plugin I recently came across that will at some point prove very, very useful to me.
It’s not often that I need to reset a production WordPress database to it’s default settings, but this plugin will make the task a whole lot easier. Chris Berthe, the author, describes the plugin like this:
WordPress Database Reset is a secure and easy way to reinitialize your WordPress database back to its default settings without actually having to reinstall WordPress yourself.
I can see this being crazy useful for WordPress plugin and theme developers. We frequently need a fresh database to work with, so I’ll be adopting this plugin in my WordPress plugin and theme development workflow from here on.
WordPress Database Reset requires WordPress 3.0+ and can be installed just like any other WordPress plugin. It’s in the WordPress Plugin directory, and can also be found on GitHub.
It even integrates with WP-CLI, a command line tool for interacting with WordPress. This allows you to do things like select which tables you want to reset:
wp reset database --tables='users, posts, comments, options'
Here’s a list of features:
- Extremely fast one click process to reset the WordPress database
- Choose to reset the entire database or specific database tables
- Secure and super simple to use
- Prefer the command line? Reset the database in one command
- Excellent for theme and plugin developers who need to clean the database of any unnecessary content quickly
If you’re a WordPress theme or plugin developer, you should definitely check it out.